Thursday, March 13, 2014

Average Life

      What do you consider an average life? Is an average life really what it sounds like? For the longest time I've really been pondering why it feels like I'm getting myself stuck in this average life of mine, for a long time it really unsettled me. After debating about this in my mind for weeks, I've realized something,  my life may appear average in every way, maybe even below average, but my life is AMAZING!
     I've brought tears, joy, anger, happiness, laughter, and hope to people I've encountered on my life, that is such an amazing feeling that is so under appreciated in modern society. The famous and elite of this world are in no way above average by todays standards, we're just trained to believe so and work toward that, and well it's bullshit.
      What makes you who you are and your life worth living and so above average, is your encounters with the people you know and love in your daily life. That is such a powerful and great feeling, never ever forget that. I see people who can drop a rhyme in ten seconds like no one else and have me in tears laughing so hard, people who create powerful art that I can hardly embrace, people with the kindest most gentle hearts, people who will just outright make you laugh for the most outrageous things. Yet here we are trying to live a so called above average life, and we forget all about this little things that define us and bring us the most heartwarming joy.
      The little things we do for others without even realizing or comprehending it, is what makes our lives so very above average. I write this and I can hardly contain my joy because I'm so thankful for all the joy, laughs, and sadness everyone has distilled in me, because it such a powerful feeling. We overlook how powerful our emotions are and what it means to connect on an emotional level. That very ability is what makes everyone god damn person on this planet above average, don't ever forget. Embrace that, love it, take it in stride, and don't forget you are very above average.

No comments:

Post a Comment