Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ball and Chain

Growin' up I was never told to be a simple man
Or to be something I love and understand
It was always thought that I should have the upper hand
I just gotta learn what it is that compels me
I promise give me time, some day you'll see
Because its not just about the score on some SAT
I hope never feel like I did those days
But the sting of the pain I feel always
Day by day I'm searching for some of Lifes many joys
I don't want whats past, or what's ahead, I only want what is now
Let me make my mistakes and raise some hell for now
With ignorance and joys of immaturity I will howl
I cant wait for happiness to appear
Because never finding it is my biggest fear
I know you have so much to say, but its like I cant hea
Eventually ill find a light in this clouded sky
Until then i can't let life pass me by
Maybe someday ill catch the breeze and fly
I just need my chance to be insane 
Maybe someday it will all be to my gain
I can't spend my life a prisoner of disdain
And the fact of the matter is my mind is at war
It's like with so much guidance I'm left here tore
Someday with age, and lack of knowledge my body will grow sore
Until then I'm asking for even more slack to the rope
I know it seems like I'll be left without a single hope
Thing is until then a part of me will always mope

No comments:

Post a Comment