Sunday, June 23, 2013

Taking Flight

They call it self evaluation 
So refrain from your persuasion
Let me form my own reputation
For once happiness isn't perceived as fake
I ask you watch me make my mistake
Because it will always be mine to make
Where I'm headed I don't know
Just let me go and I'll try and take things slow
Let me learn to appreciate every blow
Give me time I know I can withstand
Because the truth is I understand 
You've already walked, where I stand
I'm holding the cards, let me play the game
I gotta learn to hold my head regardless of the shame
Let me laugh, move on and take the blame
It's not easy to for some to observe
I start to straighten up then I hit a curve
I'm sorry that it's striking your every nerve
All in good time I will grow more aware
Until then I'm sure I'll be reason of some scare
But don't toss me in this interrogation chair
People will forever be in need of space
You don't always need to take chase
Let me finish last in a race
Because it's my race to complete
To me the feeling of winning is obsolete
Right now I have no wish to compete
I'm gonna trip, hurt myself and fall
When It's over I'll have been through it all
Maybe then I will be able to stand up tall
The thing is, to me making mistakes is important
Until I've made them on my own, expect I'll be insubordinate 
This is one thing I wish to coordinate 



No comments:

Post a Comment