Sunday, June 16, 2013

Memories in The Making

      Fortunately for some of my readers my post isn't me rambling on, or anything crazy of the sort, instead; about some of my recent experiences. Tuesday afternoon I arrived at the airport and made my first flight alone to visit my sister out west for a few days before I started my career (It's so fun calling it that). I arrived at my destination as I phoned my sister with the remaining 3% phone battery I had, at which she responded "Shit, your early!". I kind of chuckled, no worries, I needed time to navigate to the pick up section of the airport anyhow. However my phone did die before she arrived, luckily we were on the same page as to where I was to be picked up.
      Upon arrival I got to stop at daycare and enter with my sister to pick up my little nephew, my oh my how he is changing from a "Little Baby" to toddler. I immediately began having a ball with the little man and ended up keeping him wide eyed two hours past bedtime, my apologies to daycare. We sat around and enjoyed the evening talked, caught up, and all departed to our beds before too long.


     As the result of a little bit of a diaper blowout i was able to catch some very entertaining pictures of the guy in the tub.

     The next few days were pretty relaxed, got to sit around, watch some new good movies, and catch up with my family. Then Friday morning I helped my brother close on his house, and we immediately began with some renovations, and spent the rest of the afternoon tearing it up, and having a good time. We came back early ate dinner with my sister's family, then relaxed at his current home for a bit while we watched none other than "Super Troopers". 
     Oddly enough I rolled out of bed at 6:50 me and my brother quickly departed the house with a truckload of old carpet and rolled to the dump. We stopped at a local diner and picked up some delicious, unhealthy, greasy breakfast with coffee. Next stop we met my sister and her family for a nice trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. We drove a really nice route along some breathtakingly steep drops, sharp turns, and beautiful sights. Hanging out the window with my giant camera taking awesome pictures a long the way, I had a fantastic time. Unfortunately this trip meant the death of my two year old, incredibly dirty, comfortable, broken in, favorite hat as it flew off in my attempt to take a picture (I may not be over this for a while). Below are some of the beautiful mountain pictures I was able to capture.



    Although all of this was an absolutely great time, the best part of this little trip, was just short of our departure from the park. On our way out, we came a across a moose, not just a single one though, three in fact. We were able to witness a mother working tireless to keep between a bull moose and her young calf who couldn't have been but three feet tall. I was able to get within probably 20 yards away just standing beside the vehicle while I, along with endless amounts of tourists, was capturing photos of the beautiful sight to be had. It was probably a once in a lifetime sight and I was very fortunate to experience it, and share the awesome moment with my family.

 Note that the bull moose appeared to have what appears to be a massive scar on his left shoulder.


No comments:

Post a Comment