Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Perceptual Imbalance

It goes like this, one, two, three, four
Scary thoughts knocking on my door
I'm at a loss, searching for more
Given an unknown dream that feels out of place
I'm standing still while the world partakes in this race
In the opposite direction my heart will take chase
 
At times I feel so empty in my thoughts and hopes
With displeasure and misguidance my mind mopes
I feel a shove as I take to the tight ropes
My mind takes refuge in this undiscovered atmosphere
Echoes distort what is here, what is there, and these thoughts I hear
There is no comfort from this ever so foreign fear
 
Painfuly I feel my mind begin to retract from my soul
Misery is sinking in, I'm second guessing every goal
Reality has struck and the world is taking it's toll
I've gone to fast on this road and broken down
Try as I might I can't wish away this everlasting frown
In thes abstract tears I begin to drown
 
By night the day and my thoughts grow so cold
The chill of the night forces these walls to fold
I stand here stranded for my courage is no longer so bold
These demons appear from where the hide
I'm stuck here alone searching for some sort of guide
Then it occurs that; by my writing my mind will abide
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment