Saturday, December 15, 2012

Let Pain Show You

These emotions that break through are relentless Pain always more never less They cut me without repentance Sparked by an ever so minor instance My mind fails to slow down and sleep May it not forever weep I awake with a shakening pain Searching endlessly for gain As I run head-on into these fears Hoping to wipe away these tears Searching for a grip, on this slick slope Only to slip, and lose my hope Foothold seems to be forever lost I wish to find it no matter the cost Because links are beginning to break With these thoughts will my mind ache I lay awake in the dead of night Realizing, I'm my own kryptonite Confidence fading out of view As it's consumed by a nebulous hue Optimism has become my last resort Still I feel it's nothing of the sort As it's slowly stabbed at by it's contender With happiness my heart may never render Confidence found in thes bland accounts I'll work side-by-side with pain as it dismounts As my weaknesses guide me to my fortitude One day I will lay awake, but with gratitude Because I've realized the reason for this scrutiny As I let it pave the way, and show me my destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment