Thursday, January 10, 2013

Insight On My Mind

I sit here and comprehend life all from within 
Speculate on how my life is shaped by every sin
 Managing to stay together as I hold so much in 
To no one will these thoughts ever be kin
 In the eyes of others I appear external 
They could not even ponder what is internal 
Only I know about this mind of mine that is an infernal 
Silently I remain here, this unpopped kernel 

 At times on the verge of explosion Somehow
 I always resist that bit of erosion 
Yet I'm constantly altered by corrosion
 Held together by the strangest fusion 
The thoughts indicated are not my bane 
I am thankful because they guide me through pain 
So I will abide and allow them to cut my chain 
As they push me to find every last bit of gain 

In times of frustration I only wish to be kind 
While I curse this elegantly hidden corner of my mind
 Because with anger I can be boldly headlined 
Then I realize there is so much more to be aligned
 My mind is not the problem, I need not let my anger lead 
With all this understanding still remains an unplanted seed
 At times my anger controls me as I attempt to bleed
 I realize that with my mind I must plead 

So I request it help me find a better way 
Lost, I petition for a solution day after day 
With this burden I embark only to feel I've been led astray 
Then the black and white begin to fade, and I spot the gray 
Beginning I am lost, But with every article I am found 
These words give the music of my mind it's sound 
They show me it's meaning and lift me from the ground 
No longer by anger do I deem myself bound 

Because of these words duly noted, I am liberated 
So much misunderstanding becomes completely abated 
These emotions are now adequately plated 
Weight is lifted because of what I have stated
 Your apprehension of these words means nothing 
 Because to me these words means everything 
As my mind grows peaceful, with the joy I could sing 
 So continue as you wear yourself out trouncing 
I am in a devout pursuit of everlasting bliss 
Everything lies within for us to miss 
Still we send it away with a powerful hiss 
As we go on living our lives with so much remiss 

Covertly I will organize myself on an old notepad 
Because life is not just about the path of good or bad 
The more I understand this I am so glad 
All I want is a path that wont leave me sad 
There will be no wrong one, so don't pretend to know 
With that I have no reason to let it show Someday 
I will reach the point where I can glow 
Where these thoughts of contentment I won't have to sow

No comments:

Post a Comment