Sunday, January 13, 2013

Keeping Myself At Bay

By a heavy heart and tireless mind, may I always abide
Emotions can trigger an explosive reaction within
A raging fire consuming all that lies available
Fed by a substantial anger remaining so profound
I'm at a constant battle to stay placid and move in stride
Happiness and hope show me to raise my chin
They overcome me and I'm granted a feeling that is stable
Boldly peace yells out making the most joyous sound

I have a gifted ability to recall upon the good
When time begins to slow I am able to observe
My surrounding drawn in and accurately noted
The truth I never wish to distort
Constantly I try to reenact things like I should
I search to find what lays hidden in reserve
With my thoughts I become so bloated
With my poems my scary thoughts depart and I find comfort


No comments:

Post a Comment